COVID-19 enhanced cleaning plan and measures
Oasis is taking very seriously the recommendation of the CDC and local authorities in order to protect the health and safety of our employees and guests. Some specific steps we are taking include staff and guest education and additional cleaning and disinfecting measures. In addition, we will offer products for guests to utilize for their own protection and assurance. These measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19 and other health risk cleanliness issues.
Employee Health, Safety and Knowledge: Oasis employees’ health and safety are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our crews are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests. We are enforcing frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Ongoing Training and Etiquette: In addition to training and hygiene protocols, Oasis crew members are also being provided awareness training, and proper health etiquette including avoiding touching your face and covering sneezes and coughs.
- Feeling Ill: Oasis crew members are mandated to stay home if they feel ill or are taking care of an ill family member.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Oasis uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
These protocols include:
- Public Spaces: Public space attendants have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, hallways, and public bathrooms. Hand sanitizer is also available in multiple locations across the Oasis for guest usage as needed.
- Hard Surfaces: Oasis is cleaned throughout each day and after closing. Floors and locker rooms are cleaned with disinfectant to remove any dirt or bacteria that may exist.
- Seating Areas: Oasis has installed disinfectant wipes located around the park for guests to utilize. Oasis encourages guests to clean seating prior to use of lounge and pool furniture and picnic tables.
Oasis Outdoor Waterpark: The health and safety of our guests while at Oasis is of the utmost importance. In order to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, here are specific steps we take to combat the spread of viruses:
Pool Sanitation: Oasis Outdoor Waterpark maintains water chemistry at the recommended levels including a minimum level of 2 parts per million (ppm) of chlorine in all of our pools. After thoroughly filtering and sanitizing the water, chlorine is reintroduced before being sent back into the pool.
In addition, both Oasis pools are monitored 24 hours-a-day with a state-of-the-art sanitation system. This system measures our pH and chlorine levels, and doses the pools with chlorine if levels dip below acceptable levels. To assure proper operation, our maintenance staff, consisting of NSPF Certified Pool Operators manually test each of our pools three times daily (minimum Health Department requirement is 1 test per day). This helps us to assure the computer systems are accurate, and if necessary, allows us to re-calibrate and/or adjust any levels as needed. For more information about CDC guideline click here.
Physical Distancing: We encourage people to continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and State and Local authorities.
- Lines and Waiting: We are implementing our distancing strategies through ground marking (tape) and signage. Each individual will have to determine how comfortable and responsible they are with relation to physical distancing throughout the park.
- Slide: Every other step
- Admissions: 6 feet per family distancing recommended
- Concession: 6 feet per family distancing recommended
- Pool Capacity: As of May 19, 2020 the guidelines for pools is 75% capacity. Unless things change between now and June 1,2020 we plan on opening at 75% capacity. We will be counting entries and exits at the admissions gate. Our properly maintained water is literally disinfecting water of 2 to 4 ppm of Chlorine.
- Oasis pool furniture: we will be offering sanitation wipes for people to clean their chairs prior to using them. Again, the distancing measure will be up to the individuals to follow the suggested recommendations from local health professionals.
- Swimming Lessons: According to the Local Health Authorities, youth oriented activities are allowed to resume. We are moving forward with swimming lessons understanding that there is no way to teach lessons while maintaining physical distancing measures. We are keeping our class sizes small and manageable to maintain as much physical distance as possible.
- Concessions: Oasis has developed an online ordering system for limited menu items to reduce lines. We will also provide tape to assist with distancing measures at the window.
Refunds: In the event that we are not able to open, or have a significant delay in opening or unable to provide services, we will offer an equitable refund.